Design and execution of one of the tracks of the Ouishare Fest Barcelona program. The aim of the track was to explore new questions and concerns related to emerging technologies.
At a glance
The goal of the track was to open a space of exploration that helped participants reflect about the possible effects of emerging technologies and of the possible future scenarios influenced by them. To do so, we designed a two phase workshop:
1) Approaching the future [content]
We invited a group of 7 experts who introduced us to high-impact emerging technologies, helping us understand the effect technologies can have in shaping our reality.
The invited experts were:
– Carolina Avedano (virtual reality)
– Lissette Lemus (artificial intelligence)
– Lidia Contreras (open data)
– Gemma Galdón (ethics and privacy)
– Hugo Scagnetti (IoT)
– Javier García Martínez (nanotechnology)
2) Newspaper of the future [hands-on]
Workshop participants were organized in groups and we used a template of a newspaper dated in the future to report on a social change related to the large scale impact of one of the technologies. Participants had to write a headline, explained what had happened between 2016 and 2021 (year of the newspaper) and share the testimonial of an person who’s life had been affected by the event described.
Track leader. Design of the track, selection of the experts, coordination and facilitation of the workshops.
- Ouishare – organization organizing the Ouishare Fest Barcelona 2016
- Ideas for Change – support in the framing of the track and facilitation of workshop